Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Castle Point Borough Council will be closed from Christmas Eve and will re-open for telephone enquiries and pre-booked office appointments at 8.45 am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
- Please see your revised Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates www.castlepoint.gov.uk/calendar.
Castle Point Borough Council would like to wish all residents a very happy and safe Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Residential Design Guidance
At its meeting of 14 November 2012, the Council's Cabinet agreed to the adoption of the new Residential Design Guidance (November 2012) as a Supplementary Planning Document.
The adoption is effective from the 1 January 2013, and from this date the Residential Design Guidance replaces Appendix 12 of the Castle Point Borough Council Adopted Local Plan 1998.
The Residential Design Guidance Supplementary Planning Document is to be considered when making decisions on planning applications for all forms of residential development.
- Adoption Statement for the Residential Design Guidance Supplementary Planning Document (November 2012).pdf [pdf] 24KB
- Residential Design Guidance Supplementary Planning Document (November 2012).pdf [pdf] 7MB
- Sustainability Appraisal Final Report (November 2012).pdf [pdf] 176KB
- Equality Impact Assessment Final Report (November 2012).pdf [pdf] 86KB
The Council undertook a review of residential design guidance for Castle Point set out in appendix 12 of the Adopted Local Plan 1998, and consulted on draft new Residential Design Guidance between 22 June 2012 and the 31 August 2012.
- Consultation Responses to the draft new Residential Design Guidance.pdf [pdf] 90KB
- Report to the Place and Communities Policy and Scrutiny Committee 24 October 2012
Why a Review?
Residential Design Guidance for Castle Point was previously set out in Appendix 12 of the Adopted Local Plan.pdf [pdf] 315KB
As a result of an appeal into housing proposals for Land North off Kiln Road, issues arose with regard to the suitability of some of the standards set out in Appendix 12.
The Council therefore undertook a review of these existing policies, having regard to the most up to date national guidance and best practice on design matters. The result of this work is the new Residential Design Guidance set out above.