Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
You are invited to view and contribute to the The Mayor's Covid Record of Reflection
About My Caddy
- I am new to the area where can I get the Food Waste Caddies?
- Can I get a second caddy?
- Where can I get more kitchen caddy liners?
- What can I use to line my kitchen caddy?
- How can I clean my caddy?
- What if I fill my food waste caddy before collection?
- Where can I store my caddies?
- Will it be ok to leave my caddy outside even in warm weather?
Contact the council on 01268 882200 or email email@example.com, and the council will deliver the caddies to you free of charge.
Yes, email your address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will deliver one to you.
There are two options:
1. Wrap food in newspaper, before being placed in the caddy
2. Use our caddy liners - can be order via our online shop: www.castlepoint.gov.uk/shop
It is a good idea to rinse your caddy with hot water on a regular basis. Occasionally you may wish to use washing up liquid but shouldn’t need to use any strong chemicals.
If you require a second external food waste caddy please contact us and we will deliver one to you. However, it may be possible for you to reduce your food waste which could also save you up to £50 a week on the food bill. For more information please go to www.lovefoodhatewaste.com.
The external caddy can be placed outside, it has a locking lid that will prevent scavengers from being able to get in. The smaller caddy can be stored in the kitchen, this will make disposing of your food waste quick and easy.
It is advisable to keep the caddy in a shady spot if possible to prevent it getting too hot. The locking lid on the external food caddy means that if left outside even in warm weather the smell will be kept minimal. Weekly collections also help reduce the time caddies are left out in warm weather.