Reduced Services

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update

In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.

Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.

Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page

We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council


Message from Mayor of Castle Point Councillor Colin Riley

From July 4th new changes on lockdown come into place. Pubs, bars and restaurants are able to open subject to government guidelines.

We want our residents to enjoy themselves but it is important we all act responsibly.  

  • Stay alert and stay safe to help prevent spreading the virus.
  • Keep a safe distance from others  and continue to wash your hands regularly.

If you do go to the  pub, have fun but be sensible;show respect for others and do not do anything that puts you or other people at risk.

Alternative accommodation in special cases

In certain circumstances it may be necessary for the Council to move a tenant or a group of tenants on a temporary or permanent basis.

These are rare situations but could arise in the following circumstances:

  • Major repairs are required to a property or a group of properties
  • A planned maintenance programme needs to be undertaken to a group of properties
  • A property or group of properties requires demolition

Tenants will be fully consulted on any need or requirement for them to move home and compensation payments may apply.

If you have to leave your home temporarily, you may be entitled to a disturbance payment.

If you have to leave your home permanently, you may be entitled both to a disturbance payment and a home loss payment.

Home loss payments are statutory payments of a specific amount made under the Land Compensation Act 1973.

Disturbance payments are discretionary payments to assist with the costs of moving home. These costs include paying removal companies, disconnection and reconnection and of the gas and/or electricity supply.

In the event that you are required to leave your home due to any of the above reasons we will provide you with appropriate advice and support.

Who to contact

Housing Services Manager – John Grisley.

Telephone: 01268 882488