Reduced Services

Accessing Council Services:  

By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
By emailing directly to the relevant service
By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri). 
By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.

Alternative accommodation in special cases

In certain circumstances it may be necessary for the Council to move a tenant or a group of tenants on a temporary or permanent basis.

These are rare situations but could arise in the following circumstances:

  • Major repairs are required to a property or a group of properties
  • A planned maintenance programme needs to be undertaken to a group of properties
  • A property or group of properties requires demolition

Tenants will be fully consulted on any need or requirement for them to move home and compensation payments may apply.

If you have to leave your home temporarily, you may be entitled to a disturbance payment.

If you have to leave your home permanently, you may be entitled both to a disturbance payment and a home loss payment.

Home loss payments are statutory payments of a specific amount made under the Land Compensation Act 1973.

Disturbance payments are discretionary payments to assist with the costs of moving home. These costs include paying removal companies, disconnection and reconnection and of the gas and/or electricity supply.

In the event that you are required to leave your home due to any of the above reasons we will provide you with appropriate advice and support.

Who to contact

Tenancy Officers

Telephone: 01268 882200.