Canvey Island - Parish Council FAQ's
- Where can I find information regarding Canvey IslandTown Council?
- How do I become a councillor for Canvey Island Town Council?
- Who is my Town Councillor?
Please visit www.canveyisland-tc.gov.uk/
Most people in the Canvey Island community will be eligible to stand for election. It is not necessary to be a member of a political party, but to stand for election a person must:
- Be willing to stand
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Be a citizen of the UK, the Commonwealth or the European Union
- Be not disqualified from standing
and must be either
- A local government elector for Canvey Island ;or
- The occupier of land or property in Canvey Island for the last 12 months;or
- Has had principal or only place of work in Canvey Island for the last 12 months ;or
- Has lived on Canvey Island, or within 4.8 kilometres (3 miles) of its boundary for the last 12 months.
For further information about standing as a parish councillor visit : https://www.gov.uk/government/get-involved/take-part/become-a-councillor.
If you have any questions regarding Nomination papers etc. please contact Electoral Services at Castle Point Borough Council by phoning 01268 882417 or by e-mailing email@example.com
Other sources of information on becoming a councillor:
- Electoral Commission: www.electoralcommission.org.uk
- Local Government Association: www.lga.gov.uk
- Local Government Information Unit: www.lgiu.org.uk