Reduced Services

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update

In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.

Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.

Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our  Coronavirus information page

You are invited to view and contribute to the The Mayor's Covid Record of Reflection

Canvey Island - Parish Council FAQ's


Where can I find information regarding Canvey Island Town Council?

Please visit

How do I become a councillor for Canvey Island Town Council?

Most people in the Canvey Island community will be eligible to stand for election. It is not necessary to be a member of a political party, but to stand for election a person must:

  • Be willing to stand
  • Be 18 years of age or over
  • Be a citizen of the UK, the Commonwealth or the European Union
  • Be not disqualified from standing

and must be either

  • A local government elector for Canvey Island ;or
  • The occupier of land or property in Canvey Island for the last 12 months;or
  • Has had principal or only place of work in Canvey Island for the last 12 months ;or
  • Has lived on Canvey Island, or within 4.8 kilometres (3 miles) of its boundary for the last 12 months.

For further information about standing as a parish councillor visit :

If you have any questions regarding Nomination papers etc. please contact Electoral Services at Castle Point Borough Council by phoning 01268 882417 or by e-mailing

Other sources of information on becoming a councillor:


Back to Questions

Who is my Councillor?

For details of your borough Councillor please visit Borough Councillors   and for details of your Town Councillors please visit Canvey Island Town Councillors