Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
- If I already compost at home should I stop?
- How can I find out about home composting?
- Can I get the compost produced from the food waste?
Residents should not stop composting at home. Home composting is the most environmentally friendly way to dispose of compostable waste, and is an ideal way to make compost for the garden. However, it is not possible to compost, or some may choose not to compost all food waste items.
The food waste collection is ideal for anything you cannot or do not wish to compost at home e.g. cooked food, dairy, bread, pasta, meat, fish and bones.
Compost is currently unavailable for the public, and is being used only in the agricultural industry.