Christmas and new Year closure
The Council offices will be closed from 4.45pm Friday 21 December 2018 and will re-open at 8.45am on Wednesday 2nd January 2019.
Emergency calls may be made throughout the holiday period on 01268 758357
Castle Point Borough Council wishes all its residents a Merry Christmas and good wishes for the forthcoming year.
Updated: 5 December 2018
Council Tax Penalties
Failure to notify or supply information
The authority may impose a penalty of £70 where a person:
- fails to notify the authority, without reasonable excuse, on any matter which affects entitlement to a Council Tax discount.
- fails to notify that their dwelling is no longer an exempt dwelling.
- fails to notify the Authority that they are jointly liable for the tax.
- fails to supply relevant information requested in order to establish liability.
- fails to supply relevant information requested after the issue of a Liability Order has been obtained. Failure to supply could lead to a criminal prosecution and a fine.
Where a penalty has been imposed and a further request to supply the same information is made, a further penalty of £280 may be imposed for each subsequent failure
Appeals against the imposition of penalties are to the Valuation Tribunal. In the first instance it is advisable to contact the Council. Penalties are recovered in the Magistrates court.