Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Castle Point Borough Council will be closed from Christmas Eve and will re-open for telephone enquiries and pre-booked office appointments at 8.45 am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
- Please see your revised Christmas refuse and recycling collection dates www.castlepoint.gov.uk/calendar.
Castle Point Borough Council would like to wish all residents a very happy and safe Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Council Tax Penalties
Failure to notify or supply information
The authority may impose a penalty of £70 where a person:
- fails to notify the authority, without reasonable excuse, on any matter which affects entitlement to a Council Tax discount.
- fails to notify that their dwelling is no longer an exempt dwelling.
- fails to notify the Authority that they are jointly liable for the tax.
- fails to supply relevant information requested in order to establish liability.
- fails to supply relevant information requested after the issue of a Liability Order has been obtained. Failure to supply could lead to a criminal prosecution and a fine.
Where a penalty has been imposed and a further request to supply the same information is made, a further penalty of £280 may be imposed for each subsequent failure
Appeals against the imposition of penalties are to the Valuation Tribunal. In the first instance it is advisable to contact the Council. Penalties are recovered in the Magistrates court.