CTR Pension Age

Last updated 31.03.23 15:00

The Council Tax Reduction scheme aims to help people of pension age (on low income) pay Council Tax.



  • you and your partner must be eligible to claim State Retirement Pension
  • be liable to pay Council Tax for your property.
  • be living in the property as your main home
  • have less than £16,000 in savings.


Apply for Council Tax Reduction


Please note: if you are a couple and one of you is below pension age you must complete an application for working age council tax reduction. For help with rent you must claim Universal Credit.