Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
We are aware of an issue in accessing the Castle Point Home Choice website – More information here
Find a Planning Agent
Most planning applications require a location plan and site plan (also known as a block plan). Correctly drawn and accurate plans are essential for the planning process. It is wise to instruct a planning agent or architect to do these for you.
Where to locate planning agents
- RTPI online directory of planning consultants.
- Recommendation: Builder / Friend
- Search engine: architects / planning agents / planning consultants
Please note CPBC cannot recommend any individual, agent or company. The selection of an agent remains wholly the responsibility of the individual requesting the service.
Castle Point's Pre Application Meeting and Advice
It is often a good idea to meet a planning officer for an informal discussion, or ask for a written evaluation of your proposal, before you submit a planning application. The pre application and advice service will give you advice about whether the council are likely to grant you planning permission for your proposals.