Reduced Services

Accessing Council Services:  

By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
By emailing directly to the relevant service
By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri). 
By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.

Fleeing Violence

If you are experiencing domestic abuse, we can provide legal advice around your rights to a property, help applying for legal order, and refer you for further support.   For further information see:

  • if you are a woman fleeing domestic abuse you can call the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247
  • if you ae a man experiencing domestic abuse you can call either the Men’s Advice Line on 0808 801 0327 or ManKind on 01823 334244
  • if you are in an abusive LGBT+ relationship, you can call the National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0800 999 5428
  • if your personal safety is threatened or you are at risk of assault or injury, you should call the police on 999.

Please note that the Council will have a duty provide emergency housing to everyone fleeing domestic abuse. However, if you do approach the Council you will always be provide with advice and support whether that be in person or by phone. In many cases, you and your family will be safer if you approach a refuge, where you will also receive advice and support.

If you are fleeing domestic abuse, you do not need a local connection to a local council area for that council to assist you and you may be safer if you relocate to another area.