Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
We are aware of an issue in accessing the Castle Point Home Choice website – More information here
Florence Gardens Conservation Area
Conservation areas are ‘Areas of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, the character or appearance of which it is desirable to preserve or enhance’ (Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990). The conservation area in Florence Gardens was designated on the 18th November 1997, since which there have been no revisions to the boundaries.
A conservation area appraisal and management plan has been prepared for the Florence Garden Conservation Area. This document:
- Shows the extent of the conservation area boundary;
- Identifies features of historic and architectural importance within the conservation area; and
- Sets out management objectives for the conservation area.
Regard will be had to the conservation area appraisal and management plan when considering applications for development within or adjacent to the conservation area. A copy of this document is below.
When designated, an Article 4 Direction was put in place to restrict permitted development rights within the Conservation Area. A copy of the Article 4 Direction is provided below.
Developments within a conservation area are likely to require Conservation Area Consent. Details on the requirements for conservation area consent, and application forms to make an application for Conservation Area Consent can be found on the Planning Portal website by using the link below.