Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of waste. Please read the information below before reporting a fly-tip to us. If you’re looking to get a third-party contractor to remove your waste, please ensure you read the additional information linked at the bottom of the page.
If you discover fly-tipped waste
- Do not touch the waste - fly-tipped waste can contain dangerous items
- Visually inspect the waste – what does it consist of? How much is there?
- Take note of its exact location and whether it is in/ near water
- Do not disturb the site - there may be evidence that could help identify the culprits and lead to their prosecution
- Take photos if it is safe to do so – please send these to us at email@example.com
If you see someone fly-tipping, please tell us
- The date and time and name of the road
- How many people were involved and what they looked like
- What they were doing and what was fly-tipped
- Any vehicles involved - their make, colour and registration number
Warning: please do not approach anyone fly-tipping.