Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
- Can I get help or a grant to adapt my home for a disabled person?
- Can I get a grant towards getting my boiler repaired or central heating installed?
- Can I get a grant for loft insulation/cavity wall insulation?
A Disabled Facilities Grant may available to owner occupiers and tenants, or a landlord on behalf of a tenant for certain works, to adapt a dwelling for use by a disabled occupant. The dwelling must be the main residence of the disabled person.
The grants are means tested and in all cases an assessment of need must be made usually by a Social Services Occupational Therapist.
Further information can be obtained using the following links or by contacting Social Services on 0845 603 7630.
You need to contact the Energy Savings Trust on their (freephone) helpline 0800 512 012 or visit the website www.energysavingstrust.org.uk
You will need to contact the Energy Savings Trust on their (freephone) helpline 0800 512 012 or visit the website www.energysavingstrust.org.uk