Losing your job

If you're looking for a job or thinking about retraining you can find out information from the Government's Worktrain website (https://www.gov.uk/jobsearch). Alternatively, try the Job Centre (http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk)

Council Tax benefit

If you become unemployed you may not be liable to pay the full amount of Council Tax.
You should contact the Council Tax Department at Castle Point Borough Council and complete a Benefit Application Form or complete the one given to you by the Jobcentre plus or Benefits Agency and return it to the Council. Further information is available on the Benefits page.

Other benefits

If you become unemployed you may need to claim benefit. The Department for Work and Pensions answers your questions about job seeking and benefits (http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/index.asp)


Visit http://www.redundancyhelp.co.uk/
Redundancy Help is a useful website for anyone involved in redundancy.