Moving Home

Tell us of about your change of address 

Register on for an online account. So you may access your information for Council Tax, Benefits, Business Rates. Please see our Handy Hints to assist you in completion of the registration form.

Already Registered, please click the Council Tax tab and then click your reference number which will show the Moving In table on the left hand side.

Let us know straight away when you move home so you pay the right amount of Council Tax. 

If you are moving into the Borough of Castle Point

Tell us straight away with our so you will have more time to pay your bill. You must pay it by 31 March. We charge you from the date you moved in to your new home. Your old council will charge you up to the date you left their area - remember to tell them the date you moved so they get your charge right.

If you are moving within the Borough of Castle Point  

Click here

Once you've told us, we'll send you a revised bill showing anything you still owe for your old address along with details of what you owe for your new address. If you've overpaid for your old address, we will usually use the credit to reduce what you owe at your new address. Your revised bill will tell you what your new instalments will be.

If you are moving out of the Borough of Castle Point

Click here

We charge you up to the date you moved out. Your new council will charge you from the day you move into their area - remember to tell them you have moved in so they can bill you at your new address.

Any other changes you need to tell us about

Tell us about changes straight away or you may end up paying the wrong amount of Council Tax.

  • If your children leave school.
  • If someone in your household dies.
  • If someone comes to stay with you for a period of time (including friends or family). This may affect any discounts that you are receiving on your Council Tax bill.
  • If someone moves out. If this means that you now live alone and are over 18 you may be entitled to a Single Person Discount.
  • If you change your name due to marriage or divorce or the name on your account is incorrect.
  • If you go into care or into hospital for a long period, or are away from home providing care for someone else.

The above list are some examples. If you think a change may affect your Council Tax tell us anyway.