Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
We are aware of an issue in accessing the Castle Point Home Choice website – More information here
What is Neighbourhood Watch?
Neighbourhood Watch is a community led initiative to bring local people together to address crime and other community safety issues. Neighbourhood Watch groups often liaise with the local police, the local authority and other agencies.
The concept originated in the United States and was introduced into the UK in the 1980s. Behind it lies a very simple idea Working together can help to improve your community.
Neighbourhood Watches can be large, covering most of the households on an estate, or they might involve just a few houses. In Castle Point we already have more than 300 streets covered.
What are the benefits of Neighbourhood Watch?
- Areas of local concern can be addressed
- Your problem becomes a shared problem
- People work together to make communities safer
- You can work together with other NW Schemes, the police and other partners
- Opportunity to know your neighbours, local police officers and other service providers
Being a member of NW may secure a discount on your house insurance
What will I receive?
You can sign up to receive regular emails giving details of crimes in your area, crime prevention advice from the Police and other community news
We produce a newsletter which is delivered to households in NHW by or street coordinators. You can find copies of the newsletters at the menu on the left of this page
You can club together as a street and have a NHW sign on one of your lamp columns (photo to follow)
If you would like to volunteer to assist with the running of NHW, we would love to hear from you.
Please get in contact to find out if your road is already covered by NHW, and to sign up for regular update.
Interested in being part of Castle Point Neighbourhood Watch
Contact Clive Stewart, Chairman Essex County Neighbourhood Watch Association
Clive Stewart is the Castle Point District Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator and he will be in direct contact with you on any Neighbourhood Watch information that relates to all households in Castle Point District.