Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
A personal licence is needed by anyone wishing to supply alcohol or authorise the supply of alcohol in accordance with a Premises licence. An application must be made on the prescribed form to the Licensing Authority for the area in which the applicant usually live, not where they work.
Once a licence is issued you will not need to renew this licence, it will remain valid until you surrender it or we revoke it.
An applicant for a Personal Licence must:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Hold an approved licensing qualification sdklkaslkdl;askdl;askl;dkasl;kdl;askd
- Not have had a Personal Licence forfeited in the previous 5 years
To apply for a Personal Licence you will need to submit:
- A completed application form Application for a Personal Licence[pdf] 228KB
- A completed disclosure of convictions form Disclosure of convictions and civil penalties declaration [pdf] 137KB
- An approved licensing qualification certificate
- 2 passport photographs, one of which must be certified as a true likeness
- A Basic Disclosure and Barring Certificate dated within the last month or a Police National Computer Check
- Proof that you have a right to live and work in the UK
- The fee of £37
The Licensing Authority must notify the police if you have been convicted of a relevant or foreign offence. Where the police object to the grant of the licence on the grounds that it would undermine the crime preventive objective, the licensing authority must hold a hearing to determine the application
Change of name or address
If you are a Personal Licence holder and you change your name or address you must inform the issuing authority.
Fees and Charges
- Fees and Charges 2022-2023[pdf] 639KB for all applications under the Licensing Act 2003