Reduced Services

Accessing Council Services:  

You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:

  • By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
  • By emailing directly to the relevant service
  • By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri). 
  • By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.

Personal Licence

A personal licence is needed by anyone wishing to supply alcohol or authorise the supply of alcohol in accordance with a Premises licence. An application must be made on the prescribed form to the Licensing Authority for the area in which the applicant usually live, not where they work.

Once a licence is issued you will not need to renew this licence, it will remain valid until you surrender it or we revoke it.

An applicant for a Personal Licence must:

  • Be over 18 years of age
  • Hold an approved licensing qualification sdklkaslkdl;askdl;askl;dkasl;kdl;askd
  • Not have had a Personal Licence forfeited in the previous 5 years

To apply for a Personal Licence you will need to submit:

The Licensing Authority must notify the police if you have been convicted of a relevant or foreign offence.  Where the police object to the grant of the licence on the grounds that it would undermine the crime preventive objective, the licensing authority must hold a hearing to determine the application

Change of name or address

If you are a Personal Licence holder and you change your name or address you must inform the issuing authority.


Fees and Charges