Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Pest Control FAQ's
- I have a problem with foxes in my garden. Can you help?
- I have a problem with wasps, can you help?
- I think I have rats / mice / bedbugs / cockroaches / fleas in my house.
The Council does not deal with foxes but for further information/advice on foxes and how to deter them from your property you could visit the Fox Project website at The Fox Project or telephone the fox deterrence helpline 01892 824111 (standard call rate). Alternatively you may be able to purchase deterrent products from a garden centre or DIY store.
We are now offering treatment for wasps for which there is a charge- information on charges can be found on the Pest Control page.
If you would like our Pest Control Officer to visit please telephone us on 01268 882200 (option 5)
The Environmental Health Services offers treatment for a number of pests.
We treat for the following pests at a charge: Mice, Rats, Fleas, Wasps, Bedbugs and Cockroaches. Further information on charges etc are on the Pest Control page. Advice can be given on the treatment of some other pests/insects.
If you would like our Pest Control Officer to visit please telephone us on 01268 882200 (option 5) or write to or visit the Environmental Health Services at the Council Offices, Kiln Road, Thundersley, Benfleet, SS7 1TF.
Please Note: We do not carry out treatments for any other pests (e.g. squirrels, ants, pigeons) and we do not treat for pests in food premises. In these situations you should contact a private pest control company using, for instance, the Yellow Pages.