Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
South Benfleet Conservation Area
Conservation areas are ‘Areas of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, the character or appearance of which it is desirable to preserve or enhance’ (Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990). The conservation area in South Benfleet was designated in November 1988, since then there have been no revisions to the boundaries.
A conservation area appraisal and management plan has been prepared for the South Benfleet Conservation Area. This document:
- Shows the extent of the conservation area boundary;
- Identifies features of historic and architectural importance within the conservation area;
- Sets out management objectives for the conservation area; and
- Includes a copy of the Article 4 Direction restricting permitted development rights within the conservation area.
Regard will be had to the conservation area appraisal and management plan when considering applications for development within or adjacent to the conservation area. A copy of this document is below.
Developments within a conservation area may require Conservation Area Consent. Details on the requirements for conservation area consent, and application forms to make an application for Conservation Area Consent can be found on the Planning Portal website by using the link below.