Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
Weather & Traffic Information
Below are a number of links to services that can give you information on the weather and traffic situation. Castle Point Borough Council will endeavour to keep you informed of any major incident that affects the Borough or Services that the Council are able to offer by publishing details on the Council's website.
Road Traffic Update
- Essex County Council - Live Travel Information
- Highways England - Traffic
- Essex County Council - Winter Travel & Gritting
Guidance and Health Links
- Weather Ready Poster Winter [pdf] 3MB
- Are You Weather Ready – Information and Guidance
- Clearing Snow and Ice from Pavements Yourself (gov.uk)
- Tips on Staying Warm (NHS)
- Met Office - Get Ready for Winter
- Department of Health Information
Useful radio links
- BBC Essex - 103.5FM
- Heart Essex - 96.3FM (South Essex), 102.6FM (North Essex)