Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
- Won't my external food waste caddy get broken into by animals before it is collected?
- Will my food waste caddy smell?
- What if I fill my food waste caddy before collection?
- If I notice I produce a lot of food waste, what can I do?
Your external caddy has a lid lock, designed to prevent animals from breaking into it or spilling if tipped over.
Always remember to keep your caddy lid fully closed and this will lock the lid shut.
It shouldn’t if you empty your kitchen caddy out regularly into your external caddy and line your caddy. Rinsing out your caddies from time to time will also help.
If you require a second external food waste caddy please email email@example.com and we will deliver one to you. However, it may be possible for you to reduce your food waste which could also save you up to £50 a week on the food bill. For more information please go to www.lovefoodhatewaste.com.