Annual Canvass of the Register of Electors
The electoral canvass takes place every year. It is used to ensure that the data we have on the register of electors is accurate and up to date.
The Annual Electoral Canvass 2019
The Household Enquiry forms were hand delivered to all properties in the borough commencing on the 17th August. Deliveries were completed by the 1st September.
The Household Enquiry Form
Starting each August, Castle Point Borough Council hand deliver an annual canvass Household Enquiry Form to all residential properties in the borough, asking residents to confirm who is currently living in the property and who is eligible to vote.
The Household Enquiry Form is not the same as a voter registration form but you DO need to complete it. The information you provide on the form will inform us of anyone in your household who is, or who has become, eligible to vote but has not yet registered. We will send out an invitation to register to anyone resident at your property who is, or who has become, eligible to vote but who has not yet registered.
Reminders – Please respond to the Reminder Household Enquiry Form by 14th October. If we do not receive a reply to the Reminder Household Enquiry Form by this date we will send a further reminder form.
If the details shown on your Household Enquiry form are up to date
If all the details shown on your Household Enquiry Form are correct and up to date then all you have to do is to confirm this by any of the following methods:
- By phone text message:Text NOCHANGE followed by part 1 and part 2 of your security code on your household enquiry form to 80212
- Submit your confirmation online at https://householdresponse.com/castlepoint
- By Freephone:Call the Household Enquiry Form confirmation line on Freephone 0800 197 9871 and follow the instructions
- By post: Complete the form and send it back to us in the prepaid reply envelope supplied
We would encourage residents to use the automated service mentioned above to confirm the details on the form are correct. In particular the Text NOCHANGE facility if applicable.
If one of the automated services is used there is no need for you to return the form.
Once you have confirmed that the details shown on your Household Enquiry Form are correct and up to date, we will not write to you again until next year’s canvass.
If the details shown on your Household Enquiry Form are NOT up to date
If any of the details shown on your Household enquiry form are incorrect or out of date then all you have to do is send us the correct up to date details by any of the following methods:
- Submit your confirmation online at householdresponse.com/castlepoint
- By post:Complete the form with the correct information and send it back to us in the prepaid reply envelope supplied. (If anyone has moved out of the property but their details are still on the form, please cross out their name before sending the form back to us)
Once you have submitted the correct information, we will not write to you again until next year’s canvass.
For further information and enquiries please contact the Electoral Services Team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01268 882200.