Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
BC Miscellaneous FAQ's
- Could you please advise me on the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act?
- What are my property boundaries, and which fence / trellis / railings / wall on my property am I responsible for?
- Where can I obtain information on the requirements of the Party Wall etc Act.?
- How do I report a dangerous building or structure?
- Where can I obtain Building Regulation application forms?
- What are the charges for a submission?
Information is available at the Disability Rights Commission website or the Equality and Human rights Commision website.
What are my property boundaries, and which fence / trellis / railings / wall on my property am I responsible for?
You will need to look at your deeds. If you have a mortgage your deeds are usually with your bank, building society or mortgage provider.
Alternatively you can contact the Land Registry on 01733 288288; their website is www.landregisty.gov.uk. There is a charge made by the Land Registry for obtaining this information.
Please Click here which is a link to the explanatory booklet on the Act.
During normal office hours contact the Council’s Building Control Manager on (01268) 882200, out of normal office hours please contact the Council’s Emergency Control Centre on 0800 833 162.