Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
Maximising your income is one of the best ways to help you manage the ever-increasing cost of living experienced by families right now.
Depending on your household income, you may be eligible for help to pay for your rent and other household costs. This support can be available if you are working or not and is based on your own circumstances.
With over 20 categories (examples below), from help with school meals to a free TV licence, our benefits calculator will signpost you to ‘other entitlements’ for your circumstances
In the list are several options for further support with energy costs, including grants to help with insulation or the cost of a new boiler, plus the Warm Homes Discount.
- Cost of living support payments
- Extra help from your local council
- Free school meals
- Funeral Payment
- Free Prescriptions and Eye Tests
- NHS Low Income Scheme
- Home Improvement Grants
- Insulation Grants
- Boiler Grants
The calculator is to be used as a guide only and is based on the information you supply.