Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
Help and Advice
This page provides specific information to assist you, your family and businesses to manage money, debt and other related matters. Just click on your chosen subject matter.
- Benefits and financial support (GOV.Uk, Tax Credits and Turn to Us)
- Businesses (Self Employed and Business Rates)
- Debt Advice and Support
- Employment issues
- Energy Efficiencies (saving you money)
- Housing Options, Repossession and Shelter
- Need help with your rent or council tax?
Other useful information for people who are
Mental Health Support
- CAVS Ways to Wellness (Castle Point Association of Volunteers)
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health Team
- CRUSE Bereavement
- The Ship Directory (Southend Info Point and Directory for Adults, Children & Families