Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, our operating hours remain unchanged.
You are still able to access services and information from the website 24/7 and via email and phone during operating hours.
For information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19), and to volunteer to help in your community, please see our Coronavirus information page.
For information on our services, including waste collections, please see our Service update and information page
For information on businesses and business rates, please see our Business advice page
Help and Advice
This page provides specific information to assist you, your family and businesses to manage money, debt and other related matters. Just click on your chosen subject matter.
- Benefits and financial support (GOV.Uk, Tax Credits and Turn to Us)
- Link to “how to” create an email account
- Businesses (Self Employed and Business Rates)
- Debt Advice and Support
- Employment issues
- Energy Efficiencies (saving you money)
- Housing Options, Repossession and Shelter
- Need help with your rent or council tax?
Advice and Support Timetable
Please see the advice and support timetable Advice & Support Timetable[pdf] 311KB showing what is available across the borough for free.
Other useful information for people who are
Mental Health Support
- CAVS Ways to Wellness (Castle Point Association of Volunteers)
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health Team
- CRUSE Bereavement
- The Ship Directory (Southend Info Point and Directory for Adults, Children & Families