Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
You are invited to view and contribute to the The Mayor's Covid Record of Reflection
Business Grants Funds: programme closure
1,318 grants have been made to businesses premises in the Castle Point Borough area since the beginning of April 2020. These grants have been vital to our local economy – helping ensure the survival of shops, cafes, hotels, restaurants and many other businesses.
The vast majority of eligible businesses have now claimed grants. Given the schemes’ success, in that 92% of eligible businesses have received grants, and in line with government requirements, both the Small Business Grants Fund, and the Retail, Hospitality & Leisure Grants Fund are now closed (28 August 2020).
1) Discretionary Grant Fund Scheme is now closed.
This scheme ran in early June 2020 with all payments made to qualifying applicants 17 June 2020
2) Small Business Grants Fund and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund is now closed
In line with government requirements this scheme closed 28 August 2020
My Business Rate Bill
- Business Rates Yearly Multipliers
- OPENPortal Online Account
- How to pay your Business Rates Bill
- What if you are unable to pay your Business Rates
Information on Business Rates
- How your Business Rates bill is calculated
- How to reduce your Business Rates
- Appealing against your Rateable Value
- Who has to pay Business Rates?
- Freedom of Information (FOI)