Business Rates, otherwise known as National Non-Domestic Rates (NNDR), are a national tax on business properties that help fund local services. These properties include shops, offices, pubs, warehouses, and factories, and any other property that is not used for domestic purposes. You'll probably have to pay business rates if you use a building or part of a building for non-domestic purposes.
Business Rates also help to pay for services provided by Essex County Council, the Police, and the Fire service.
Business Rates do not pay for clearing business waste. To arrange for collection, please phone 01268 882200.
My Business Rate Bill
- Business Rates Yearly Multipliers
- View your Account Online
- How to pay your Business Rates Bill
- What if you are unable to pay your Business Rates
Information on Business Rates
- How your Business Rates bill is calculated
- How to reduce your Business Rates
- Appealing against your Rateable Value
- Who has to pay Business Rates ?
- Freedom of Information (FOI)