Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
- What Glass can be recycled in the box?
- Can I have an Assisted Collection form?
- Can I have another yellow recycling bin?
- Can you collect my missed glass?
- Do I need to remove the labels from bottles and jars before placing them in my yellow box?
Glass you can recycle in your box:
Glass you can't recycle in your box:
Please Note: This service is only for an elderly / disabled resident who has difficulty in putting out their refuse / recycling.
Please contact us (including your name and address) email@example.com, or telephone us on 01268 882200 so that we can send the form to you.
Yes - order one for FREE with FREE delivery via our online shop - www.castlepoint.gov.uk/shop
Yes - Please ensure that it is the correct week for your glass collection. This can be confirmed via our recycling calendar.
We ask that your glass is placed in the yellow box supplied by the council and is available for collection by 7.00 am.
If you have complied with the above please contact us by telephone on 01268 882200.
No - labels burn off in the recycling process.
use it! rinse it! box it!