The Council's aim is to ensure that every food business in our Borough provides food that is safe to eat, free from contamination and has been produced in a safe and hygienic manner.
Our Environmental Health Officers are charged with achieving this aim by undertaking the following duties:-
- We maintain an up to date register of all food premises in the Borough.
- We inspect all food outlets in the Borough to ensure they comply with relevant European and National Law.
- We investigate all complaints about poor hygiene in food premises and about foreign matter/objects in food.
- We investigate all notifications of illness that are thought to have been caused by food or food premises.
- We sample food to monitor the standard of food sold within the Borough.
- We provide advice and guidance to businesses and consumers on food safety issues.
If you wish to discuss any food safety matter, please contact tel (01268) 882200 or email us.