Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
We ask that all residents #StayHomeSaveLives – see a Message from the Leader of the Council
The Council's aim is to ensure that every food business in our Borough provides food that is safe to eat, free from contamination and has been produced in a safe and hygienic manner.
Our Environmental Health Officers are charged with achieving this aim by undertaking the following duties:-
- We maintain an up to date register of all food premises in the Borough.
- We inspect all food outlets in the Borough to ensure they comply with relevant European and National Law.
- We investigate all complaints about poor hygiene in food premises and about foreign matter/objects in food.
- We investigate all notifications of illness that are thought to have been caused by food or food premises.
- We sample food to monitor the standard of food sold within the Borough.
- We provide advice and guidance to businesses and consumers on food safety issues.
If you wish to discuss any food safety matter, please contact tel (01268) 882200 or email us.