Registration of Food Premises

To store, prepare, distribute or sell food on premises you need to be registered with the local authority. Premises include restaurants, cafes, hotels, shops, canteens, market stalls, mobile catering vans and food delivery vans. Some manufacturers handling products of animal origin may need to be approved by the local authority or the Meat Hygiene Service, rather than registered. If you are uncertain whether your business needs to be approved or registered, contact your local authority.

To apply for a registration of a food business establishment:

Download our Food Business Registration Form [pdf] 154KB

Apply for a food business registration online

To tell us about a change to your existing food business:

Complete our online form to notify us of any changes