Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
How to Claim
Housing Benefit / Universal Credit / Local Council Tax Support
If you are on a low income you could be entitled to have help with paying your rent or council tax.
Housing Benefit or Universal Credit
You will receive help from:
Castle Point Borough Council's Housing Benefit department
If you are
- pension age; or
- living in temporary or supported accommodation. This is accommodation provided by a landlord in the social or voluntary sector where the claimant is provided with care, support or supervision by the landlord or by someone acting on the landlord’s behalf.
- Complete an Online Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support Claim Form.
If you are working age and none of the above apply to you, you will need to make a claim for Universal Credit via the Department for Work and Pensions (your local Job Centre Plus).
If you are entitled to claim Universal Credit you must claim it online. If you need help making your claim, call the Universal Credit helpline 0800 328 5644 (8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday). If you claim Universal Credit you will still need to claim Council Tax Support separately.
Discretionary Housing Payments
- The Discretionary Housing Payment scheme is to assist Housing Benefit/Universal Credit claimants who may need further help with their housing costs.
- The council receives some money from the Government towards the Discretionary Housing Payment scheme. The amount we can spend is limited and not everyone who claims a Discretionary Housing Payment will be given assistance.
- Online Discretionary Housing Payment form
Need to send us evidence for your claim?
To supply evidence to support your claim is simple. All you need to do is photograph or scan your documents; save them on your smart phone, tablet or computer, and then upload your photograph or documents via our website. https://www.castlepoint.gov.uk/upload-evidence
Advice and Support
Please note the below face to face drop in support services are currently suspended.
Please see the advice and support timetable Advice & Support Timetable[pdf] 311KB showing what is available across the borough for free.
Privacy Notices are available to reflect the new General Data Protection Regulations that came into force from 25th May 2018.