Reduced Services

Accessing Council Services:  

By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
By emailing directly to the relevant service
By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri). 
By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.

Making a complaint against a member

Under Section 28 (6) and (7) of the Localism Act 2011 the Council must have in place "arrangements" under which allegations that a member or co-opted member of the council has failed to comply with the council's Code of Conduct can be investigated and decisions made on such allegations.

If you wish to make a complaint against a member or co-opted member you will need to submit your complaint in writing using the Council's Complaint Form.pdf [pdf] 92KB and return it to: Mr Andrew Roby Smith, Monitoring Officer, Castle Point Borough Council, Kiln Road, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 1TF or email it to:

The Monitoring Office will review every complaint received and deal with the complaint in accordance with the Council's Complaints Procedure.pdf [pdf] 5MB.