Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Private Rented Tenants
Your landlord, or their agent, has legal responsibilities to manage your tenancy fairly and to keep your home up to a decent standard. If you need assistance our Housing Options Team can provide advice on the rights and responsibilities of private tenants, landlords and agents. You can use our Housing Options Assessment Form to tell us about your problem and we will endeavour to respond to you within 5 working days.
You can find advice below if:
- you need to check if your tenancy deposit is protected
- you don't have a tenancy agreement, or you don't understand it
- your landlord isn't meeting safety standards
- your landlord or their agent is bothering or harassing you at home
- your landlord is trying to evict you
- you've asked your landlord for repairs or complained about conditions in your home.
Rights and responsibilities
Our Housing Options Team can also assist tenants at risk of losing their homes, or tenants worried about their current housing situation. The team can also help with financial costs.