Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
We are aware of an issue in accessing the Castle Point Home Choice website – More information here
Statement of Accounts 2020-2021 Notice of Public Rights
AUDIT OF ACCOUNTS 2020/2021
Notice of public rights
Audit of accounts year ended 31 March 2021
The Council’s accounts are subject to external audit by Ernst & Young LLP of 400 Capability Green, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 3LU (telephone 01582 643000).
From 26th July 2021 to 6th September 2021, the accounts of the Council for the year ended 31 March 2021 will be will be available for inspection in exercise of the rights of interested parties under sections 25 to 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 (Legistation.gov.uk - Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014).
During the period members of the public and local government electors have the right to:
- Between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday, any person may inspect the accounts and certain related documents (comprising deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts). They may also make copies of the accounts and documents. Any person wishing to exercise their rights of inspection should give at least 24 hours’ notice to Alison Wigmore, Chief Accountant email@example.com to arrange a visit.
The accounts are available to download online following the link below.
- Ask the auditor questions about the accounts. Please contact the auditor at the address given above to make arrangements to ask any questions.
- To make objections to the auditor (under section 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014). Written notice of a proposed objection and the grounds on which it is made must be sent to the auditor at the address given above and copied to me at the address given below. Written notices must comply with the requirements of regulation 17 of the Accounts and Audit Regulation 2015 (Legistation.gov.uk - The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015).
Dated 23rd July 2021
Strategic Director – Resources (Section 151 Officer)
Castle Point Borough Council, Council Offices, Kiln Road, Thundersley, Benfleet, Essex. SS7 1TF, Telephone 01268 882200