Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
- Can I have an Assisted Collection form?
- When will my bulky waste be collected?
- Can you collect rubbish, large items, settees, chairs, fridges etc from my home (e.g. bulky waste)?
- If I buy a wheelie bin will the refuse collectors empty it?
- Why don't you provide a wheelie bin service?
- Where can I purchase black refuse sacks?
- When will the next delivery of sacks be?
- Can you collect my missed Refuse?
Please Note: This service is only for an elderly / disabled resident who has difficulty in putting out their refuse / recycling.
Please contact us (including your name and address) firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone us on 01268 882200 so that we can send the form to you.
Alternatively you can visit the Street Scene Section at the Council Offices, Kiln Road, Benfleet, SS7 1TF to collect one.
You will be told a collection date when you book your collection. If your waste is not been collected on this day please e-mail us (including your name and telephone number) email@example.com, or telephone us on 01268 882200 so that we can investigate.
We provide a bulky waste service of household items of waste e.g. tables, chairs, beds etc.
Please see the link below for more information:
No - because we maintain a black bag collection service. We have no plans to provide a wheeled bin collection service for refuse at present. But you can store your waste in a wheeled bin if you chose. If you choose to store your black bags in a bin it must be removed from the bin before collection by our Refuse Collection Service.
Please ensure that your refuse if out for 7.00 am on your day of collection.
Because we are committed to recycling. Research has shown that wheelie bins actually increase waste and reduce recycling. We maintain a black bag collection service and have no plans at this point in time to adopt wheelie bins for refuse collection.
We do however, supply different bags / containers for various waste items so that you can recycle.
They can be purchased from any supermarket, market or shop.
Back to Questions
Pink & Black sack annual delivery - The 2020 delivery is now complete, if you have not received your sacks please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Each property receives one free roll of 26 black sacks, two rolls of 39 pink sacks per year.