Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Social Housing Asset Value
Under the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 local authorities are required to publish details of the value of housing stock that is held in their Housing Revenue Account (HRA).
The information contained in the Social Housing Asset Value 2017[pdf] 190KB sets out the market and Existing Use Value - Social Housing (EUV-SH) for dwellings as at 1st April 2017 by postcode and valuation band. The information includes the following:
- the number of social housing dwellings,
- the dwellings value, and
- the percentage of dwellings that are occupied or vacant.
Definitions of Existing Use Value – Social Housing and Market Value are shown on the linked table.
In order to mitigate the possibility of identifying individual properties for any given postcode sector, where the number of occupied properties in any valuation band is less than ‘10’, these properties have been merged with the next lowest valuation band or adjacent postcode until the resultant merged cells contain at least ‘10’ occupied social housing properties.
Existing social tenancy terms are not affected by the publication of this data and this data does not represent an estimate of the value of properties to be used if purchased under the Right to Buy