This is the tenant news area. We will gradually add items here that may be of interest. Please also make sure you read the Newsletter which is produced twice a year and available for download under the newsletter section below.
Our estate inspections are still under way. This is a great way for us to engage with our tenants directly about where they live. On the inspections, tenants will be accompanied by a Housing Management Officer and will be looking at areas such as grass cutting, lighting, recycling, cleaning in communal areas etc. We want our tenants to have input with regards to the services we provide. If you are interested in taking part or would like to know when your area is being inspected. please contact Joshua Hunt on email@example.com.
Tenant & Leaseholder Group:
Our Tenant & Leaseholder Group is held every two months at the Council Offices and all Castle Point tenants and leaseholders are welcome. The meeting has a fixed agenda and subjects discussed can be anything from new contracts, newsletter content, our complaints process or planned maintenance. If you would like to attend a meeting please call Joshua Hunt on 01268 882357 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Our TLG meetings are currently held on the third Monday of every second month. Transport can be arranged for you.
Our newsletters allow us to keep you updated with housing issues on a regular basis. Please let us know of any articles or information you would like to see in the newsletter. This is your newsletter and your views are important. Please email email@example.com or call 01268 88 2387 with your suggestions!
- Your Housing News - Winter 2018 [pdf] 946KB
- Your Housing News - Summer 2018 [pdf] 1MB
- Your Housing News - Winter 2018 [pdf] 2MB
- Register to be notified of new publications.
The Housing Service frequently surveys its tenants in order to ensure it is performing well.
In addition to these surveys every two years it undertakes a STAR survey which is a set of questions that enables us to compare how we are doing with other organisations. We undertook the last STAR survey in 2016-17 and below are some highlights:
- Overall satisfaction = 85.7%
- Overall satisfaction rent provides Value for Money = 96.3%
- Overall satisfaction - sheltered residents = 89.7%
- Overall satisfaction that landlord listens to your views and acts on them = 73.8%
- Overall satisfaction with repairs and maintenance = 76.2%
- Overall satisfaction with estate services = 79.6%
- Overall satisfaction with your neighbourhood as a place to live = 85.4%
We recognise that there are some areas where we need to improve. We are however heartened that tenants recognise that the service they get from the rent represents value for money. Castle Point Borough Council Housing is one of the top performing housing organisations in this respect in the country.