Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Urban Place Supplement Adoption Statement SPD
The Council seeks to encourage more sustainable, high quality forms of design in Castle Point as a result it is has prepared a Statement to adopt the Essex Design Guide Urban Places Supplement.
The Urban Places Supplement provides guidance on sustainable, high quality design in general and also provides more detailed guidance for high density designs of 50 dwelling units per hectare or greater.
- Adoption Statement.pdf [pdf] 473KB
- Urban Places Supplement.pdf [pdf] 9MB
- Sustainability Appraisal of Adoption Statement.pdf [pdf] 39KB
- Consultation Responses and Outcomes.pdf [pdf] 80KB
In order to adopt the Urban Places Supplement as a Supplementary Planning Document for Castle Point, it was necessary to prepare an Adoption Statement. The adoption statement and an associated Sustainability Statement were available for consultation from 7th December 2007 - 1st February 2008.
- Interactive version of the Draft UPS Adoption Statement.
- Draft UPS Adoption Statement..pdf [pdf] 473KB
- Associated Sustainability Appraisal.pdf [pdf] 36KB
The Urban Place Supplement itself was subject to draft consultation in the Autumn of 2006.