Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Can Members of my Family Buy My Home with Me?
Any member of your family who is a joint tenant can buy with you as long as at least one of you is permanently resident at the property.
In addition, if a member of your family has lived with you for the last 12 months and it has been their only and principal home, they are can also be entitled to share the Right to Buy with you.
Specifically, family members are:
• Spouse, civil partner or partner living with the tenant as if they were a spouse or civil partner.
• The tenant’s parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece.
• A relationship by marriage shall be treated as a relationship by blood.