Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
The Equality Act 2010 is an umbrella act that joins together and strengthens all previous anti-discrimination legislation. It also gives new responsibilities to public services and extends our specific duties to cover the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, race, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
Click on the links that follow to view the legislation:
Previous legislation now covered by the Equality Act 2010 includes:
- Race Relations Act 1976
- Race Relations Amendment Act 2000
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975
- Disability Discrimination Act 2005
- Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations 2003
- Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003
- Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006
- Equality Act 2006