Christmas and new Year closure
The Council offices will be closed from 4.45pm Friday 21 December 2018 and will re-open at 8.45am on Wednesday 2nd January 2019.
Emergency calls may be made throughout the holiday period on 01268 758357
Castle Point Borough Council wishes all its residents a Merry Christmas and good wishes for the forthcoming year.
Updated: 5 December 2018
The Equality Act 2010 is an umbrella act that joins together and strengthens all previous anti-discrimination legislation. It also gives new responsibilities to public services and extends our specific duties to cover the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, race, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
Click on the links that follow to view the legislation:
Previous legislation now covered by the Equality Act 2010 includes:
- Race Relations Act 1976
- Race Relations Amendment Act 2000
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975
- Disability Discrimination Act 2005
- Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations 2003
- Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003
- Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006
- Equality Act 2006