Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
The Equality Act 2010 is an umbrella act that joins together and strengthens all previous anti-discrimination legislation. It also gives new responsibilities to public services and extends our specific duties to cover the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, race, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
Click on the links that follow to view the legislation:
Previous legislation now covered by the Equality Act 2010 includes:
- Race Relations Act 1976
- Race Relations Amendment Act 2000
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975
- Disability Discrimination Act 2005
- Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulations 2003
- Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003
- Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006
- Equality Act 2006