Reduced Services

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update

In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.

Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.

Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page

You are invited to view and contribute to the The Mayor's Covid Record of Reflection

Other Recycling FAQ's



Where can I recycle computer equipment?


Back to Questions


Where can I get a compost bin?

Click below for more information:

Buy a compost bin

Back to Questions


Where can I get a water butt?

Click here for more information:

Back to Questions


Can we put aerosols in the recycling banks?

Yes - but they must be empty and placed into the Can Recycling Bank (please remove the plastic cap from the container before disposal).

These can also be placed in your pink sack for recycling.

Recycling Banks

Pink Sack

Back to Questions


Where are the nearest glass, cans and textiles recycling banks?

Please click below for more information:

Recycling Bank Sites

Back to Questions


Can I have an Assisted Collection form?

Please Note: This service is only for an elderly / disabled resident who has difficulty in putting out their refuse / recycling.

Please contact us (including your name and address), or telephone us on 01268 882200 so that we can send the form to you.

Alternatively you can visit the Street Scene Section at the Council Offices, Kiln Road, Benfleet, SS7 1TF to collect one.

Back to Questions


Can you collect rubbish, large items, settees, chairs, fridges etc from my home (e.g. bulky waste)?

We provide a bulky waste service of household items of waste e.g. tables, chairs, beds etc.

Please see the link below for more information:

Learn More about bulky waste collections

Back to Questions