Reduced Services

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update

In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.

Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, our operating hours remain unchanged.

You are still able to access services and information from the website 24/7 and via email and phone during operating hours.

For information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19), and to volunteer to help in your community, please see our Coronavirus information page.

For information on our services, including waste collections, please see our Service update and information page

For information on businesses and business rates, please see our Business advice page


Hospital Discharge

If you have nowhere to live when you are discharged from hospital, you should inform hospital staff as soon as possible as they have a duty to refer you to a council for help and support with housing. It is much easier to find the housing and support you need if a referral is made at the earliest point possible.

If your health conditions make you significantly vulnerable, the Council may have to duty to provide emergency accommodation when you leave hospital. 

If you are referred to this Council by a health professional, the Housing Options team will carry out a detailed assessment your situation and draw up a Personal Housing Plan, which will clearly outline the steps you need to take in order to obtain suitable/affordable housing and the assistance we will provide you in order to achieve this.

If you need care upon your discharge from hospital, this will need to be organised by The Health Service and Social Care. In some circumstances, they may also have a duty to provide housing, such as if you need residential care of if you are owed a Section 117 duty under the Mental Health Act and need supported housing.