Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
How do I Submit a Right to Buy Application.
The first step in the Right to Buy process is to complete, sign and return both the Right to Buy RTB1 form and the additional information form to Castle Point Borough Council.
- Right click on the links below and save to your pc
- Then complete and return them via mail to
- Housing Finance, Council Offices, Kiln Road, Benfleet, SS7 1 TF
- or email to Housingfinanceteam@castlepoint.gov.uk
Your application will be reviewed, and you will receive confirmation of your Right to Buy or notification that you do not have a Right to Buy (RTB2 Form).
You should receive this notice within 4 weeks (or within 8 weeks if you have not been a tenant of Castle Point Borough Council for 2 years).
If the RTB2 Form states that you do not have the right to buy your home, you will be told why, and you will be entitled to get independent advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau or from a solicitor. In some circumstances you can ask the Department of Communities and Local Government to decide if our decision is correct or not.
If your Right to Buy application is accepted you will no longer be able to receive non-emergency repairs to your home as this could affect any valuation. If at any time you withdraw your Right to Buy application in writing, your right to repairs and maintenance of your home will be reinstated from the date of receipt of your letter.