Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
Keeping or Training Animals for Exhibition
If you keep or train animals for exhibition in the course of a business for educational or entertainment purposes:
- to any audience attending in person, or
- by the recording of visual images of them by any form of technology that enables the display of such images you will require an 'Animals Activity Licence' under The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018.
After applying for a licence an inspection will be completed by a Council Officer and, if necessary, a veterinary surgeon. If required, you will need to cover the cost of the veterinary inspection.
If granted, your licence will last for a period of three years.
Please find the relevant licence conditions and guidance for this activity below:
To apply for a licence, please follow the link below:
Completed application forms can be returned to the Council either via post or email. In order for your application to be processed further, you must pay the appropriate fee as stated on our 'Application Forms & Fees' webpage.
For further information, please call 01268 882200 or email
|Kranky Kritters - Benfleet, Essex|
|RC Exotics - Canvey Island, Essex|
|The Salvation Army - Hadleigh Farm, Hadleigh, Essex|