Reduced Services

Accessing Council Services:  

You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:

  • By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
  • By emailing directly to the relevant service
  • By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri). 
  • By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.

Keeping or Training Animals for Exhibition

If you keep or train animals for exhibition in the course of a business for educational or entertainment purposes:

  • to any audience attending in person, or
  • by the recording of visual images of them by any form of technology that enables the display of such images you will require an 'Animals Activity Licence' under The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018.

After applying for a licence an inspection will be completed by a Council Officer and, if necessary, a veterinary surgeon. If required, you will need to cover the cost of the veterinary inspection.

If granted, your licence will last for a period of three years.

Please find the relevant licence conditions and guidance for this activity below:

To apply for a licence, please follow the link below:

Completed application forms can be returned to the Council either via post or email. In order for your application to be processed further, you must pay the appropriate fee as stated on our 'Application Forms & Fees' webpage.

For further information, please call 01268 882200 or email

Keeping or Training of Animals for Exhibition Register of Licensed Premises
RC Exotics - Canvey Island, Essex
The Salvation Army - Hadleigh Farm, Hadleigh, Essex