Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
Licensing of Animal Welfare Establishments
Castle Point Borough Council inspect and license the following animal establishments:
Please use the above links for further information.
Animal Welfare Act 2006
Under section 9 of the Animal Welfare Act 2006, it is the duty of any person responsible for an animal to ensure that its welfare needs are met. These include:
- the need for a suitable environment
- the need for a suitable diet
- the need to exhibit normal behaviour patterns
- any need to be housed with or apart from other animals, and
- the need to be protected from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
A person commits and offence if they do not take such steps as are reasonable to ensure that the needs of an animal for which they are responsible are met.
The RSPCA will investigate incidents relating to cruelty or welfare of animals. They should be your first port of call if you suspect any cruelty issues relating to animals. If you wish to report an incident of animal cruelty, please call the RSPCA's cruelty line on 0300 1234 999.
Castle Point Borough Council are responsible for overseeing animal welfare issues in the above listed licensable animal establishments. If you have any concerns you wish to discuss with us regarding any animal establishments in our Borough, please call us on 01268 882200 or email us