Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
Local Code of Corporate Governance
Castle Point Borough Council is accountable for the proper conduct of public business. This means ensuring that it operates in accordance with the law and proper standards, and that public money is safeguarded, properly accounted for, and used economically, efficiently and effectively.
Each local authority operates under a governance framework that brings together an underlying set of values, legislative requirements, governance principles and management processes that enables it to achieve its aims and objectives.
Our Local Code of Governance, which you can access from the links below, sets out the governance framework adopted by the Council in line with good practice provided in the Cipfa/SOLACE publication ‘Delivering Good Governance in Local Government’.
This document sets out:
- accountability as well as the principles and values by which the Council operates;
- how the principles are put into practice in order to enable service delivery to reflect community need and how ongoing evidence is obtained that demonstrates effective operation of these principles throughout the year;
- the annual reporting process; and
- how the Code is communicated to members, staff and other relevant parties.