Accessing Council Services:
- You can access advice, or support with using our online services, by phoning 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri)
- The Kiln Road office will re-open for pre-booked appointments only (9.00am to 4.00pm), these can be arranged on a case by case basis by phoning 01268 882200.
- You can find information and advice on COVID-19 and our 24/7 online services on our Coronavirus information page .
If you are a former member of the Armed Forces who is now homeless, or if you are planning to leave the Armed Forces and facing the threat of homelessness, you can contact the Housing Options Team for advice and assistance by completing the Housing Options Assessment Form.
To ascertain what assistance we can provide, we will consider the following:
- How long you were in the Armed Forces and what role you had
- Any time spent in a military hospital
- If you have been released from the Armed Forces on medical grounds
- If you have been able to secure and maintain accommodation since leaving the Armed Forces.
Castle Point Borough Council recognises the service that Armed Forces personnel gives to the Country. In accordance with the Housing Act 1996 (Additional Preference for Armed Forces) (England) Regulations 2012 and will be provided with appropriate support to access available housing.
If you apply to our HomeChoice scheme (Housing Register Application), you may qualify under the Armed Forces local residence exceptions. You may also be entitled to an additional Armed Forces effective date. This will mean that your application will be backdated equivalent to your length of service as opposed to the physical date of registering with the Council, which will give you priority above applicants in similar circumstances who have not undertaken military service.
Click on HomeChoice link to register an application.