Accessing Council Services:
You can now access services, get advice and support, and transact with us in the following ways:
- By accessing our wide range of 24/7 online services
- By emailing directly to the relevant service
- By phoning First Contact on 01268 882200 (8.45am to 5.15pm Mon to Thurs, and to 4.45pm on Fri).
- By pre-booked appointment at the Kiln Road office (9.00am to 4.00pm Mon to Fri) - these can be arranged by phoning First Contact on 01268 882200.
Gambling Act 2005
The Gambling Act 2005 ('the 2005 Act'), came fully into force on 1 September 2007, and aimed to put in place an improved, more comprehensive structure of gambling legislation. The Act also created a new unified industry regulator, the Gambling Commission.
Its three objectives are:
- Preventing gambling from being a source of crime or disorder, or being used to support crime;
- Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way;
- Protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
Prescribed application forms are available from the Licensing Unit, Castle Point Borough Council and Government offices such as the Gambling Commission. Should you choose to make an application please contact the Licensing office on 01268 882480 or email your request to the firstname.lastname@example.org
It should be noted that, unlike the Licensing Act, the Gambling Act does not include a specific licensing objective in relation to public nuisance. Any objections to new premises or requests for a review of a licence should be based on the three licensing objectives.
The authority is required to maintain a register of applications made under the Gambling Act 2005. This may be inspected at Castle Point Borough Council, Council Offices, Kiln Road, Benfleet, Essex SS7 1TF on Monday to Friday between the hours of 9.00hrs and 16.30hrs, except on Bank Holidays. There is also an online Public Register Licensing Public Register