Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In line with social distancing advice and to protect residents and staff the Council has taken the decision to close the Council offices to the public until further notice.
Whilst the offices are closed to visitors, you are still able to access services and information from this website 24/7.
Information and advice on coronavirus (COVID-19) and how to access Council Services during this period can be found on our Coronavirus information page
You are invited to view and contribute to the The Mayor's Covid Record of Reflection
Help and Advice
This page provides specific information to assist you, your family and businesses to manage money, debt and other related matters. Just click on your chosen subject matter.
- Benefits and financial support (GOV.Uk, Tax Credits and Turn to Us)
- Businesses (Self Employed and Business Rates)
- Debt Advice and Support
- Employment issues
- Energy Efficiencies (saving you money)
- Housing Options, Repossession and Shelter
- Need help with your rent or council tax?
Advice and Support Timetable - please note the advice & support timetable currently suspended due to coronavirus.
Please see the advice and support timetable Advice & Support Timetable[pdf] 311KB showing what is available across the borough for free.
Other useful information for people who are
Mental Health Support
- CAVS Ways to Wellness (Castle Point Association of Volunteers)
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health Team
- CRUSE Bereavement
- The Ship Directory (Southend Info Point and Directory for Adults, Children & Families