Plastic Items we collect
Please rinse these before placing all these items in your pink sack together - but why?
Plastic Bottles - including bottle tops, squash bottle and replace
- soft drink bottles
- milk bottles
- cleaners (including trigger bottles)
- shampoo/shower gel
- yoghurt/pro-biotic drink (actimel, Yakult)
- medicine (take unused medicines to a pharmacy for disposal)
- meat (not polystyrene)
- fruit punnet
- salad tray
- sandwich container
- ready-meal tray
- take-away trays
Plastic pots and cases
- yoghurt (all types)
- margarine/butter tub
- vitamin pots
- flower pots
- CD/DVD/VHS/cassette cases
Plastic we don't collect
- plastic bags
- plastic film (e.g. sweet wrappers, cling-film, shrink wrap etc) Alternative: try reusable wraps
- bubble wrap
- expanded polystyrene (e.g. fast food trays, packaging)
- crisp packets Alternative: Recycle with Terracycle
- biscuit wrappers and similar
- Cotton buds & cotton wool Alternative: try reusable face cloths?
- Nappies Alternative: - try cloth nappies
- VHS or audio cassette
- paint pots
- other plastics (e.g. children’s toys, garden furniture, Tupperware)
What is the problem with plastic?
The use of plastic items, especially single-use items (which are items only used once), is accelerating climate change and polluting our world. But there are many ways you can reduce your single-use plastic and make a difference. Read more...
Food & drinks cans we collect
Please rinse these items before placing in the pink sack - but why?
- all drink cans
- all food cans
- biscuit tins
- all aerosol spray cans (empty only)
- foil and foil containers
Magic beans - It’s never been easier to make your Metal Matter!
When it comes to recycling, metal is hard to beat. That’s because it’s endlessly recyclable - every last bit can be turned into something else. And it’s a cycle that can go on for ever. Read more...
Mixed paper & cardboard
If the cardboard does not fit in the pink sack this can be flattened and placed under another pink sack.
Paper we collect
- newspaper & magazines
- unwanted mail & leaflets
- envelopes (all colours)
- window envelopes (no need to remove window)
- padded envelopes
- office paper
- shredded paper
- catalogues & telephone directories (all types)
- wrapping paper (not foil or ribbons) Check if accepted: Try the scrunch test
- paper bags
- books (remove cover from hardback books)
Cardboard we Collect
- all cardboard boxes (e.g. Corrugated, cereal, ready meal)
- toilet & kitchen roll tubes
- Christmas & Birthday cards - unless covered in glitter
- cardboard egg boxes
- cigarette boxes
- Beverage cartons & Cartons (e.g. juice, milk cartons etc)
Paper/Cardboard we don't collect
- wall paper
- sand paper
- tissue paper
- kitchen/toilet paper
Need more pink sacks?
All pink sacks are FREE and are available from:
Waterside Farm Leisure Centre and Runnymede Leisure Centre.
To download a guide on recycling pink sacks:
Pink Sack - how to....[pdf] 638KB